If you want to learn how to play online roulette without risking losing money, then read this article. Roulette is a game where players bet on red or black numbers. The goal is to predict which number will come up next. If you win, you get paid; if you lose, you payout.
There are two ways to play online roulette. One way is to place bets on individual numbers. Another way is to bet on groups of numbers called “colors”. In this article, we’ll explain both methods.
The first thing you need to know about playing online roulette is that the odds in favor of winning are very small. Even though it may seem like there are lots of opportunities for big wins, they don’t usually happen.
This means that you have to be careful with your money when playing online roulette. You only really stand to win a few cents at most per spin. So, the best strategy for playing online roulette is to keep your losses as low as possible and try not to lose too much.
How to Play Online Roulette
Here’s an example of what happens when you play online roulette:
A player has $10 in his account and decides to play online roulette. He chooses the ‘Red/Black’ option. The dealer spins the ball around the wheel and lands on Red 32.
Because this is a lucky number, the player places a wager on the Red color.
The dealer spins the ball again and lands on Black 18.
The player loses his wager because he chose Red instead of Black. He pays out $5 from his account balance.
When you play online roulette, you start by selecting one of three types of betting options:
1) Straight bets – These bets require that you choose either Red or Black. Your bet must match the color of the ball before it comes to rest. For instance, if the ball is spinning and lands on Red, you would have to wager on Red to win.
2) Split bets – A split bet requires that you choose between Red and Black, but you also select whether you want to win even money, odd money, or all-in.
3) Accumulator bets – An accumulator bet works similarly to a straight bet, except that you can add multiple bets together. For example, if you were to place a $20 accumulator bet on Red, and another $20 accumulator bet on Black, you could potentially win $40 if the ball landed on either Red or Black.
Once you have selected your betting type, you must decide how much you want to wager. There are four different ways to do that:
- Single bet – You can wager just a single amount on each side of the bet. For instance, if you wanted to bet that Red will beat Black, you would bet 1 unit on Red and 1 unit on Black.
- European bet – European bets are similar to American bets, except that the payout is based on the total of the Red and Black numbers. That means that if Red beats Black, you win $100 rather than $50.
- Half European bet – A half European bet is identical to a European bet, except that the payout is based on the sum of the Red and Black numbers, plus 1. For instance, if Red beats Black, you win $101.
- Full European bet – A full European bet is almost identical to a half European bet, except that the payout is based on the sum of the Red and Black numbers, minus 1. For instance, if Red beats Black, you win $99.
As you can see, the more units you wager, the bigger your potential winnings. But, remember that the house edge is always present no matter how many units you wager. The reason why we say that the house edge exists no matter how many units you wager is that the probability of getting a specific outcome changes depending on which side of the bet you’re on.
For instance, if you chose to bet $10 on Red, the chance of Red beating Black is 50%, so the expected value of a single bet is 0.5 x 10 5 dollars. However, the same bet placed on Black has an expected value of -0.5 x 10 -5 dollars.
Therefore, the expected value of a single bet is zero when the two sides are equal in terms of probability. This is why playing online roulette can be such a profitable activity!
Online roulette is one of the most played games at online casinos and it’s for a good reason. Apart from being very easy to understand and play, it also comes with a favorable house edge. To win real money with online roulette, simply make sure you make real money bets!